Sunday, December 21, 2008

Birthdays

On the 17th I had a birthday. I turned 46 years old. I don’t understand it; most women can’t stand the thought of growing older. I on the other hand believe people become more beautiful with age. All they need is someone out there to take the time to notice. Older women become smarter and more beautiful with time. And they seem to know what love is all about. Just think about it older lady’s care more about their self. They take better care of their skin and for the first time in their life they read more because they want to improve their memory. And they take time to enjoy the finer things in life. Like a quite spot on a cool day, a good book, a kind word and last but not least a great friend. Have you ever really taken the time to sit and listen to what our elder have to say? I have been a care giver for elderly people since I can remember. I cannot remember any of them not having something interesting to say. I love to hear about their childhood and what all they have seen come to past. I can remember a time when I could not wait to get out of school so I could rush over to Mr. Wilson’s house so I could hear his stories about his life. He always had pictures or something new to show when I got there. I can remember he was in his 90’s and I was about 12 but we were the best of friends. When we moved from Florida it was like we were both leaving our best friends. He taught me so much back then, the biggest thing was friendship & respect. Age has no boundaries

2 comments:

spinning around

spinning around



MEMORIES OF US.

My little Elf

My little Elf
In front of our tree

some of lifes greatest pleasures...

Powered By Blogger