Friday, November 28, 2008

I love the holidays!






I Love the holidays!
Yes I love having the family together. No matter what is wrong in the world when the family can come together everything seems good. I can’t help but remember my childhood when we all gather at grandpas for the holidays. Grandpa & Grandma had a lot of children. At least 17 of them showed up for every special holiday. And each of them had 3 to 6 children of their own. We would all show up 3 days before the holidays so everyone could help cook. No matter how young you were you all had something to do. It was always crowded but no one noticed because we were together. I remember grandpa always made it a point to make every child feel like they were his pick of the litter. Those were the greatest memories of our child hood. No one cared about what we would get for Christmas. Which was usually something homemade sometimes made by grandpa himself? Wooden cars, or wooden spoons, forks and plates. I still have a cedar spoon from when I was 7 years old. What happened to tradition? Why do people change? We have tried to raise our children to believe the holidays were just like we remembered them to be. But somewhere out there in life they seem to have lost the meaning of Christmas. Well enough about that here is our Thanksgiving photos.

Sorry about the date on the photos. My husband can't work the camora.

1 comment:

  1. OMG you have your tree UP already???? YOU go Girl! How are things going with your foot? HOW is that grandson and where are his pictures???? Take care

    ReplyDelete

spinning around

spinning around



MEMORIES OF US.

My little Elf

My little Elf
In front of our tree

some of lifes greatest pleasures...

Powered By Blogger