Thursday, April 17, 2008

Some things were meant to be...

I just wanted to tell you what I have been up to. First of all I have been showing a friend how to cut and piece together a double wedding ring quilt. We are making it from 4 different shades of blues. It is going to be a beautiful king size quilt. But that’s not the main thing I wanted to tell you about. While we were out hunting for the fabric for the quilt we ran into a friend of hers, whom told us about someone who has a quilting machine. She gave us the women’s phone number. So we called the lady to talk to her about her machine. Her name was Bruna. She told us to come over to her home to see the machine. And anyone who knows me knows I have a strange curiosity with anything that has to do with quilting. Nothing would have stopped me from going to see this quilter and to see how it worked. When I arrived Bruna was waiting on her porch to show me in to her sewing room. Bruna was one of the sweetest people I have ever met. The quilting machine was so neat. I could have stayed there all day to watch her work with it. Well I was like a kid in a toy store. I have always wanted a machine like that. But I know I will never be able to afford one. But anyway we exchanged phone numbers and I came home. All evening I sat and thought about what a great day I had. I know it sounds crazy but it was great to be able to go somewhere to just do something I want to do. And I was able to go without taking the baby with me. Later Bruna called me and we talked for hours. She is Italian she came to America when she was 20 years old. She has lived here for 45 years. She is such a beautiful lady and she has the cutest accent. We sat and talked like we have known each other forever. Isn’t it strange how something’s happen? How something’s just seem like they are meant to be. Like meeting someone and you just know you were meant to be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

spinning around

spinning around



MEMORIES OF US.

My little Elf

My little Elf
In front of our tree

some of lifes greatest pleasures...

Powered By Blogger