Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Military Spouse

As mommasong mentioned on her post earlier. It's true our faverite part of Christmas,Birthdays,Holidays & any other special occasions. Is the rare opertunity to have our spouse at home with the family.Because we are from that rare breed they call the military spouses. We are the Women that have to be strong no matter what our life hands us. We spend 80 percent of our life along. And the other 20 percent coping with having a man around that we never seem to fully get to know. And always hoping that one day you will be able to grow old together. And we are always, waiting for our spouse to return home to us with open arms. We are always expected to be the rock of the family. We have made a silent pact with our self's. We will not show people how we really feel inside. We become an army of one. And we are our own critics. We are up by dawn and we don't stop till the next morning at times. We do more work by noon then most men do all day. We become financial advisers to our home, mechanics for our cars and handy man when we need to be. And temporary fathers for our children. But most of all we are Military Spouses. We are the women that pack up our lives and move with our man, where ever the military sends us. And we live alone. Sometimes we spend our lives 1000's of miles from the family we left behind. But we are the chosen few. That stand behind the soldiers we love. Because this is the hardest job we will ever know. And we were born to be a military Wife. And we can't seem to see ourselves being anything else.

4 comments:

  1. HMM OK I know where your mind IS! The way to pour out your feelings on that subject!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just feel to many people are to quick to say things to us as military spouses. that they have no idea about. Someone said to me today.(Well at least you are a military wife, You have it made.) I want go in to details on my reply. LOL But, I will say walk a day in a military wifes shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good day my quilting friend...o yeah your quilting room is in use by that grandbaby.....anyway hello

    ReplyDelete
  4. good day to you!!! just checking to see if you got to update...talk to you soon and email about all the doctor appointments and thanks for the Christmas gifts for the two little Rascals!!!

    ReplyDelete

spinning around

spinning around

My little Elf

My little Elf
In front of our tree

some of lifes greatest pleasures...